Press / Business contact:
Hit the Retro Highway and return to the days of blast processing and pure arcade fun! Retro Highway is a throwback mobile game aiming to combine the accessibility of modern titles with the high-skill challenge and charming aesthetics of old.
• Experience high octane old school action on your phone or tablet
• Complete daring challenges and compete with your friends or the whole world for the highest scores
• Explore six unique environments ranging from a hot desert to a futuristic moon base
• Customize your playstyle by choosing from a diverse garage of 10+ bikes and by upgrading various powerups
• Embrace the nostalgia rush caused by stylish pixel art visuals and chiptune soundtrack
Retro Highway was developed by Gearhead Games, a tiny international company led by Nicolai in collaboration with Berg. They met on TIGForums and teamed up for a ‘quick collab’ which subsequently turned into their longest development endeavor so far. Even though some people may tell them that they’re doing a great job, they actually have absolutely no idea what they’re doing.
- "The love for the 16-bit classics Road Rash and Super Hang On is clear in this arcade game."
- Apple, Game of the Day
- "As you can see, Retro Highway is a decidedly over-the-top take on a motorcycle racer. And the sense of speed is really impressive, too."
- Jared Nelson, Touch Arcade
- "Retro Highway is a really fun endless high score racing game that manages to feel like the retro arcade games I grew up with mixed in with a dash of modern mobile masterpieces."
- Bernardo Espanol, Nardio
Programmer, Game Designer
Artist, Game Designer
Music Composer (Freelancer)
Audio Designer (Freelancer)